RapidBac™ Vet is a rapid immunoassay for the detection of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria in urine, for use as an aid in the diagnosis of canine and feline urinary tract infections.
- Results in less than 20 minutes
- Easy to use
- Room temperature storage
- 98.5% accuracy
- No special apparatus required
- Direct replacement for urine culture
Until now, the only accurate method of determining bacteriuria was by urine culture - an expensive and time-consuming test performed at specialised laboratories. With RapidBac Vet, you can test immediately in-practice and then treatment is possible within 20 minutes.
Simple Test Procedure
- Remove contents from pouch
- Add Assay Buffer to test vial
- After 2 minutes add the urine sample and mix gently
- Place the test strip into the test vial with arrows pointing down
- Leave for 10 minutes, then remove test strip from vial and read results
Any colour development at Line 1 or Line 2 indicates the presence of bacteria in the sample.
- If both line 1 and line 2 are present, a gram-negative organism has been detected
- If line 2 is present and line 1 is absent then a gram-positive organism has likely been detected
If only the Control Line develops colour - no bacteria detected
If the Control Line does not develop colour, the result is invalid - Repeat test
Sensitivity and Specificity
If you would like more information please contact Woodley Equipment on +44 (0) 1204 669033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org