Does your practice use biochemistry or haematology analysers?
External Quality Assessment (EQA) of laboratory equipment is required by the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme and is recommended for any practice with in-practice analysers.
In conjunction with the SRUC (Scotland's Rural College), Woodley Equipment are proud to introduce a 'true' External Assessment with:
A certified independent External Quality Assessment scheme enabling you to provide the best possible patient care.
Why Use EQA?
- Maintaining and improving analytical quality
- Improving inter-laboratory agreement thus raising standards
- Detecting equipment failures and identifying reagent problems
- Reviewing staff training
- Initiating and evaluating corrective actions
- Comparing different analytical methods
- Compliant with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
Why Choose InSight EQA?
- InSight EQA is an internet based clinical chemistry and haematology EQA scheme
- InSight EQA provides a 'true' external assessment by comparing results from multiple analysers of the same make and NOT just with a reference laboratory analyser
- InSight EQA is independent of all analyser manufacturers
- Flexible scheme so you can choose which analytes to assess
InSight EQA is a 'NOT FOR PROFIT' scheme in conjunction with Scotland's Rural College (SRUC)
SRUC carries out academic and government funded not-for-profit business and is committed to excellence in the advancement, communication and translation of knowledge throughout the rural sector.
It leads on innovation and sustainable development in agriculture, land and the rural sector.
Profits from SRUC's commercial businesses, including External Quality Assessment are used by SRUC to support the not-for-profit businesses, such as SRUC's farming for a better climate which provides practical support to farms to reduce their impact on the climate and the animal behaviour and welfare team who work on understanding behavioural development and create methods of welfare assessment.
For further information on SRUC's activities visit www.sruc.ac.uk
Three Simple Steps
- We send you a sample to analyse each month
- You email back the results
- We send you a report within 7 days comparing your results with all subscribers for both identical analysers and all registered with the scheme
What's in the Report we Send Back to You?
A quick reference summary page providing and overview of your performance for each parameter.
- Number of participants
- Standard Deviation (SD)
- Standard Deviation Index (SDI)
- Running mean of the SDI
- % deviation from the mean
- Running mean of the % deviation from the mean
- Coefficient of variation
- Levey-Jennings and % deviation from the mean charts allowing quick and easy identification of any trends or bias
- Histogram showing the spread of all results
Our reports are sent promptly to your QA Manager so that you can address any problems should they arise.
We send out certificates at the end of each yearly cycle if your return rate is over 50%.
If you would like more information please contact Woodley Equipment on +44 (0) 1204 669033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org